1. What is FIFA 14 Ultimate Team?
FIFA Ultimate Team (FUT) is a game mode in FIFA 14 where you earn, buy, transfer, and sell coveted Players to build your dream team. Manage your Squads, outsmart other gamers on the 24/7 Live Transfer Market, and compete against other gamers in dynamically updated Online and Single Player Tournaments and Seasons. You can access your Ultimate Team on your iPhone, Android or PC anywhere you have an internet connection.
2. What is the FUT Web App?
The FUT 14 Web App allows you to access Ultimate Team when you are away from your console. It has all the advantages of FUT console experience without having to take your console with you. You can use the Web App to bid on items in the Transfer Market, buy special packs using Coins, and manage your Squad for the next big match. Whether at home or away, all you need is an internet connection and a web browser with latest version of Adobe Flash Player.
3. What is the EAS FC Companion (mobile) App?
The EA SPORTS Football Club Companion App, for iOS and Android lets you access your Football Club Friends List to send messages, and stay up to date on your EAS FC News and Alerts. You can also access the FUT Transfer Market, manage your FUT squad, and purchase packs from the Store anywhere your mobile device has an internet connection.
4. I played FUT 13—why can't I access FUT 14 Web Start?
For security reasons, in order to be eligible to use FUT 14 Web Start you need to (i) be a returning FUT 13 user, and (ii) have created a Security Question and Answer on FUT console before August 1, 2013.
5. How do I Get Started with FUT on Xbox 360™, Playstation®3 or PC?
It's easy. All you need to do is:
- Purchase a copy of FIFA 14 for Xbox 360™, Playstation®3, or PC.
- Select ‘Ultimate Team’ from the Main Menu within FIFA 14 and proceed through the Tutorials.
- Setup a Security Question & Answer the second time you login to FUT.
You can now access your Ultimate Team on console.
6. How do I Get Started on the Web?
Once you’ve created an Ultimate Team on Xbox 360™, Playstation®3, or PC you can access the Web App from http://www.easports.com/fifa/football-club/ultimate-team.
7. How do I download the mobile app?
Once you’ve created an Ultimate Team on Xbox 360™, Playstation®3, or PC you can download the Companion App for iTunes (US/UK/CA/AU/MX/CZ) or Android (North America / International).
8. What are the Minimum Browser Requirements for the Web App?
- Firefox 12+ (PC and Mac)
- Chrome 26.0+ (PC and Mac)
- Internet Explorer 9+ (PC only)
- Safari 5.0 + (PC and Mac)
Opera is currently not supported. Firefox, Chrome and Safari are recommended.
You will also need the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.
9. What are the Minimum Requirements for the Mobile App?
- iOS: iPhone 4 or newer within iOS 5.0 or later installed 4th generation iPod Touch or newer with iOS 5.0 or later installed.
- Android: Android device with Android 2.3.3 (‘Gingerbread’) or later installed.
10. Is FUT 14 Secure?
Yes. EA SPORTS takes security very seriously and makes every effort to ensure that your gameplay is as secure as possible. In addition to a number of standard security steps, on console you are required to create a Security Question and Answer, which you will then need to answer the first time you use the FUT Web App or mobile Companion app.
Remember: EA will never ask for your Security Answer. Do not give this information out to anyone.
11. Can I stay signed into FUT on console, PC, and Web or Mobile at the same time?
FUT is designed to be played on one system at a time. If you try and access your Ultimate Team on multiple platforms at once you'll need to sign out of one, or both, and re-sign in again.
Back to Top
1. What is Chemistry?
Chemistry is essential for building your Ultimate Team. The higher your Chemistry, the better your team performs when playing a match. A team with high Chemistry plays better together and thus increases your chances of winning matches. In contrast, the same team with weak Chemistry may perform poorly and decrease your chances of making skilled plays.
Your total Chemistry is indicated by the Chemistry Rating in your Active Squad as well as by the lines connecting the Players on the pitch. Ideal Chemistry is shown using bright green lines.
Chemistry is affected by four key components:
- Preferred Position
- Nationality, League, and Club Chemistry is applied through links with other Players.
2. How much of an affect does Chemistry have on a Player?
Building Team Chemistry is important, as a highly rated team with bad Chemistry will be more challenged against lesser teams who've focused on building Chemistry. Chemistry is a directly connected to Player performance on the pitch. A Player with higher Chemistry will perform better than their basic stats.
3. What are Chemistry Styles?
New to FUT 14, every Player has a Chemistry Style. Each unique Chemistry Style affects a different set of attributes. The attributes that are improved by having high Chemistry are indicated by green chevrons.
The more green arrows an attribute has the more it has been improved, which will change how the Player performs on the pitch. There are more than twenty Chemistry Styles in total, each providing different combinations of boosts to Player Attributes. There are six categories of Styles: Basic, Attacking, Midfield, Defensive, Special and Goalkeeper. Details for each style can be compared in the Chemistry Styles View in the Squad screen, a new item view in FUT 14.
All Players start with the 'Basic' Chemistry Style. Additional Styles can be found in Packs from the Store and acquired through the Transfer Market. Unlike Attribute Training, the attributes modified by a Chemistry Style require you to have high Chemistry, and the effect is permanent until you decide to change the Player’s style.
4. Why doesn't my Star Rating represent my Chemistry Level?
Your star rating is a representation of the overall rating of each Player in the Squad. This is calculated from the Players in the starting lineup and on the Subs bench. How well each Player works with each other represents your Chemistry level. For example, Gold Players with an overall rating of 85 or higher that are not playing with Players of the same Club, League or Nation will have a high star rating but a low Chemistry rating.
Back to Top
1. How do I make a New Squad using FUT 14 for Web?
To create a new Squad, select the 'Create' from the Squad Selector submenu at the top of the screen and enter in your new Squad name.
Note: your new Squad name must be 5-15 characters long and should not contain special characters (ex: !@#$%). You can also select 'Copy' to create an exact copy of one of your existing Squads.
2. How do I Rename my Squad using FUT 14 for Web?
To rename a Squad, from the Squad Selector submenu scroll over a Squad you want to rename and click on the 'Rename' button that appears to the right of the team name. Enter in your new team name and confirm your selection by selecting 'Rename'.
Note: your new Squad name must be 5-15 characters long and should not contain special characters (ex: !@#$%).
3. What is Loyalty?
Players automatically receive and a Loyalty Chemistry bonus when they are found in packs. Players acquired from the Transfer Market must have played at least 10 games for your Club before achieving a Loyalty bonus.
4. What happened to Formations in FUT 14?
Players no longer have preferred formations, so you can pick any formation without drastically altering your team’s Chemistry. Players must still be in their preferred position.
5. How do I move a Player to a different position in my Squad using the FUT 14 for Web?
In your active Squad, click and drag the Player to the position of your choice.
6. How do I Add a Player from my Club to a Squad using the FUT 14 Web App?
To add a Player from your club to a Squad, you must first select an item and then use the 'Swap' option to swap a Player from your club into your Squad. Click ‘Search’ after you have defined your Player criteria and click on the Player you would like to add to your Squad.
7. How do I save my Squad or any changes I make to my Squad on the FUT 14 Web App?
In your Active Squad, click on the 'Save' button on the left side of the screen. A confirmation screen will appear. Confirm by selecting 'ok'.
8. How do I delete a Squad using the FUT 14 Web App?
To delete a Squad, from the Squad Selector submenu scroll over a Squad you want to delete and click on the 'Delete' button that appears to the right of the team name. Confirm your selection by selecting 'Yes'.
Remember: once you delete a Squad you cannot get it back, but deleting a Squad will not delete your Players---they will remain in your club for you to use again.
9. How do I filter Players in my active Squad using the FUT 14 Web App?
In your active Squad, click on the 'View' dropdown menu near the top right of the screen and select a filter. You can select from four View Types: 'Summary', 'Player Info', 'Status' and ‘Chemistry Style’.
Tip: Those using a scroll mouse can use the scroll wheel to cycle through view types from anywhere in the Web App.
10. How do I view detailed information about an individual Player using the FUT 14 Web App?
In your Active Squad, click on the Player you would like to know more about and then click on the 'Bio' button that appears to the side of the Player.
11. Is it possible to purchase Packs using the FUT 14 Web App?
Yes, you can purchase Packs from the Store in the Web App using Coins or FIFA Points.
12. Is it possible to add FIFA Points to my account from the Web App?
You can add FIFA Points to your PC account directly within the Web App. By clicking on the 'Get More' option in the top right corner of the app.
On console you can only buy FIFA Points through the FUT Store in FIFA 14 on your Xbox 360™ or Playstation®3. Once purchased you can use FIFA Points to buy packs in the FUT Store on Xbox 360™, Playstation®3, and the Web App.
13. How do I share a Squad using the FUT 14 Web App?
In your active Squad, click on the 'Share' button or the left side of the Web App. A screen will appear that will let you create a team URL to share anywhere. Copy the URL and distribute it as you see fit---there are also Twitter and Facebook buttons. When someone else clicks on the URL, they will be able to view your Squad and your individual Player info. You can also share your Squad from within FUT on FIFA 14 for Xbox 360™ or Playstation®3, by accessing the ‘Squad Actions’ menu. Shared Squads can then be viewed within EA SPORTS Football Club News & Alerts.
14. Are other users able to edit my Squad if I share it with them?
No. Other users can only view your Squad and its Players.
15. Why are my changes in FUT 14 for Xbox 360™, Playstation®3 or PC not showing up in the FUT 14 Web App?
You must log out of FUT 14 on your Xbox 360™, Playstation®3 or PC and refresh your browser window to see the changes.
16. If I remove a Player in the FUT 14 Web App, are they discarded?
If you remove a Player from your Active Squad you can use them again. Remember: If you 'Quick Sell' a Player, you will not be able to get them back.
17. How do I activate/apply my Squad Fitness items in FUT 14?
You will need to go to your Active Squad to apply these items:
- For Xbox, press Y
- For PlayStation, press Triangle
- For PC, press the Squad Actions button
18. I have more than one FUT 14 Persona. How can I switch it?
In both the web and mobiles apps you can easily switch your persona.
On the Web App clicking on persona icon (represented by a person) in the lower right of the app will allow you to change your persona.
In the mobile Companion App when you first sign in you will have the option to select a persona. After that you can switch it from 'Persona Selector' located in the 'More' menu.
19. I turned off my Xbox 360™/Playstation®3 (or it crashed) while I was logged into FUT 14. Now I can't seem to access FUT Web. What happened?
To prevent any interruptions during FIFA Ultimate Team gameplay, we prevent users from logging in from the Web App and console at the same time. If you turn off your Xbox 360™ or Playstation®3 while in Ultimate Team, or if your console crashes, you must wait for your session to time out before being allowed to log in on the Web App.
Note: If you don't want to wait 20 minutes you can log back into FUT on your Xbox 360™ or Playstation®3 and log out--you'll then be able to immediately log into the Web App.
Back to Top