See how to request permission to use EA content for marketing materials, film/TV, educational materials, and other purposes.
EA appreciates the passion that players have for our games, and we're always excited to see the creativity that comes from our community. EA does not object to fair uses of video footage or screenshots on video sharing sites, including YouTube channels that are commercialized, as long as the footage is a version of the game that we have released to the public.
We do reserve the right to address any inappropriate use of EA content. Additionally, because many EA games include content that is licensed from a third-party company or may otherwise have usage restrictions, paired with the large number of video-related questions we get from the community, we aren’t able to grant specific approvals or respond to all follow-up inquiries.
If you are looking for approval to use assets from an EA game for marketing materials, film or television program, educational materials, or other purposes, you can submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In your request, please make sure to include the following:
- Email subject line: Permission Request - Name of the EA game
- Example: Permission Request - The Sims 4
- Your contact information, including:
- Your name.
- Your company.
- Your email address.
- What EA materials you’re requesting to use.
- Describe in detail the EA Materials (e.g., game footage, screen shots, artworks, videos) you are requesting to use.
- Your program/project description.
- Describe in detail how you will use the EA Materials in your event, publication, film or television program, video, website, or other.
- Give as much information as possible to help expedite your request. You can attach files to your email, including film or television scripts, images of how you intend to use the EA Materials with accompanying captions or text, and a description and duration of any audio elements.
- If you are requesting use of a specific asset or game footage clip, please identify or provide the footage via attachment or link.
For use of EA assets in a TV show or film, please also include the following:
- A synopsis of the production, including scripts.
- A detailed description of how the EA content will be used.
- If any audio elements will be used and the duration.
Was this article helpful?
0% of 0 players found this article helpful.