Learn how to enable Restricted Access Mode in Origin to require administrator privileges to download games and install updates.
Restricted Access Mode prevents unauthorized changes to the Origin client and the game files on your computer. If it’s enabled on your EA Account, you’ll need to be logged in as an Administrator on your computer to download games, install updates, and make any changes to existing files.
To run Origin as an administrator:
- Close the Origin client.
- Right-click the Origin client icon on your desktop (or in the Origin directory if not on your desktop) and click Run As Administrator.
By default, Restricted Access Mode is turned off in Origin. To turn it on:
- Open the Origin client on your computer.
- Open the Application Settings.
- On PC, click Origin in the menu bar, then click Application Settings.
- On Mac, click Origin in the app menu bar, then click Preferences.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the Application tab.
- Under Advanced, you’ll find Restricted Access Mode. Click the toggle switch to turn it on.
How do I turn Restricted Access Mode off?
If you want to turn it off, head back to the Origin Application Settings and click the toggle switch to turn it back off.
Was this article helpful?
0% of 0 players found this article helpful.