Reset Origin if it’s crashing on your Mac.
If Origin won’t launch and keeps crashing on your Mac, try the Reset Origin tool for a quick and easy solution for a lot of crashing issues.
Here’s how to do it:
- Download the Reset Origin tool.
- Open a Finder window and navigate to your Downloads folder.
- Find ResetOrigin.zip and double-click it. Finder will expand the full file.
- Double-click the ResetOrigin file in the expanded window. You'll get a dialog box:
- Click the Reset Origin button. You’ll be asked to give approval with your Administrator password.
- Enter your password and click OK to start the reset.
- When the reset is done, you’ll get a confirmation message that your Origin preferences and cache files have been removed.
- Click OK to exit the tool.
- Download the latest version of Origin for Mac and install it.
Getting requests to enter your Mac user credentials?
Are you having problems getting Origin Helper to run? Does it keep asking you for your Mac credentials? Download our diagnostic tool to run an AppleScript that will debug Origin Helper on your Mac.
Once you’ve successfully used the tool, a file called Origin Troubleshooting.txt will be made and saved on your desktop. It doesn’t have any personal information about you or what’s on your Mac, and only works to diagnose application issues.
These files are used by our developers to troubleshoot issues. We’ll update this article as soon as we have a fix.
Follow these steps:
- Download the diagnostic tool.
- Make sure that Origin is installed in the Applications folder and isn’t running when your script starts.
- Double-click on the AppleScript’s icon to start running it. This starts the Origin app.
- Enter your login info when macOS asks for permission to install Origin Helper.
- Quit Origin after you’ve entered your credentials.
- Find the Origin Troubleshooting.txt file on your desktop and send it to us through email using the Contact Us button.
- Once you’re done with the file you downloaded, you can delete it by dragging it to your Trash Can.
Need more help?
Was this article helpful?
0% of 0 players found this article helpful.