You can switch your STAR WARS™: Galaxy of Heroes (SWGoH) account from iOS to Android, or vice versa. All you need is access to the game on both of your devices, and your Player IDs.
In-game account switching is back
You can follow the steps below to switch your account yourself in the app.
If you want to move your account across devices with the same operating systems:
- Link your account with Game Center on iOS or Google Play Store on Android.
- Log in with the linked account on your new device.
Remember, you can only link a game account to one Game Center or Google Play login.
Grab your old device and follow these steps:
- Log in to the account you want to move.
- From the main cantina screen, tap the cog icon to open the Settings Menu, then tap Link a Device.
- Tap Connect.
- Tap Link a Device.
- Tap This is the OLD DEVICE.
- If your game isn't already connected to Facebook, log in using Facebook Connect.
- If your Facebook account is already connected to another game account, we'll ask you to disconnect it first. Tap Continue.
Now, pick up your new device.
- Open Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes.
- If you've never played on your new device, tap the Have an Account? button on the top, left corner of the screen during the intro.
- If you have already played on this device, open the Settings Menu and tap Connect.
- Tap Link a Device.
- Don't use Facebook Connect on your new device during this step. If you try to connect your new device to the Facebook account on your old device, you won’t be able to link your devices and you’ll have to restart the process.
- Tap This is the NEW DEVICE.
- Tap LINK DEVICE and log in to the Facebook account that was connected to your OLD DEVICE.
- You’ll see a warning that lets you know the name and level of the account that will be deleted, and the name and level of the account that will replace it. Make sure everything is right.
- Type the word DELETE in the field, then tap the DELETE AND LINK button to finish the job.
- A SUCCESS pop-up will let you know your account linked properly. Tap RESTART to load your original account and get back to playing.
What if I want to use a different Facebook account?
You can disconnect a Facebook account from a game account and then connect it to a different game account. To disconnect:
- Log in to the game account.
- Open the settings menu and select Disconnect Facebook.
What if Facebook Connect automatically logs me in to a Facebook account and I want to switch to a different Facebook account on my old device?
Make sure you’re logged out of the Facebook mobile app and website through the settings menu. Then you can connect your Facebook account to your game account using Facebook Connect. You might need to clear cookies through your device or web browser privacy options.
What if I’ve disconnected my Facebook account but it still shows as connected?
That’s OK. You’ve probably disconnected your Facebook account from a different device on a different game account. Restart your device and you should see the Facebook Disconnect option. This won’t cause any account linking problems.
- If you want to move your account across devices with the same operating systems, link with the Game Center on iOS or the Google Play Store on Android, then log in with the linked account on the new device.
- You can only link a game account to one Google Play or Game Center login.
- Get help from an EA Advisor if you have trouble moving your account.
Was this article helpful?
0% of 0 players found this article helpful.