Other payment methods
If you’re having trouble making your purchase, see if our troubleshooting tips help you.
If you’re having trouble making your purchase, here are some tips to help you:
- Check out what your EA app error code means and what you can try to do to fix it.
- Double-check your account and payment details to make sure they're correct.
- Visit the Payment Methods tab of your My Account page to find your info and make any changes.
- Check your billing address against the one on your statements to make sure they match exactly. This can help clear up a lot of these errors.
- Make your purchase from the region that matches your payment method and EA Account settings.
- If you’re traveling or living abroad, your purchase may not go through.
- If you’re out of your region temporarily, try making your purchase again once you’re home, or use an online safe payment method that’s accepted where you’re located.
- If you’ve moved or are on an extended stay abroad, update your EA Account to the right region. If that doesn’t work, use a local payment method.
There are a few common issues that could be preventing your purchase from going through:
- The name on your EA Account billing information doesn’t match the name on your PayPal account. Try updating your name so that it matches exactly.
- Your PayPal account is registered in a different country from your EA Account. Update the two so they match.
- The PayPal payment confirmation has timed out.
- There aren't enough funds in your PayPal account and no bank card is linked to it to pay the difference.
PayPal also lists payment statuses you can use to diagnose what’s going on if you’re having problems.
Prepaid cards don’t work for Pogo or The Sims 3 Points.
If you’re trying to use a prepaid card:
- Make sure you’ve set up your card and registered it before you make your purchase. Prepaid cards can sometimes take a few hours to unlock the funds once they're activated.
- Check that you have enough funds on your card or a backup payment method on your EA Account to cover the difference.
- Remember international exchange rates and other taxes or fees when you’re making your purchase. For example, a $50 prepaid card may not work for a game that costs $49.99. Make sure you have enough to cover any additional fees.
- Check if your prepaid card has a single transaction limit. Some may have spend limits per purchase.
- Try removing your payment method, then adding it back to your EA Account before attempting your purchase again.
More prepaid card troubleshooting
If you’re using a payment method from one of these payment providers you’ll need to reach out to the provider directly for any issues.
Search for your issue on Answers HQ to crowdsource an answer to your question.
Was this article helpful?
0% of 0 players found this article helpful.
Not what you were looking for?
Try searching again.