Still having problems?
If your Pogo games are crashing, freezing, having trouble loading, or not connecting, check out our steps to troubleshoot.
To be able to play Pogo, you need to have at least 8 gigabytes (GB) of RAM on your computer.
Here are the minimum requirements to play HTML5 games:
Mac OS Sierra (10.13.6) or newer
- 8GB of system RAM
- Compatible browsers: Chrome, Edge, or Mozilla Firefox
- 8GB of system RAM
- Compatible browsers: Safari or Mozilla Firefox
Check your system specs
- Click on the Start icon (or tap the Windows key on the keyboard).
- Type “RAM”.
- Select View RAM Info.
- In the Device specifications section, check the Installed RAM.
- Click the Apple icon.
- Select About This Mac.
- Check the number after Memory.
Unsupported browsers for HTML5
- Internet Explorer 11
- Old versions of Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox
- Pale Moon
- Safari for Windows (last supported version was 5.1.7)
If a game is freezing or not loading properly, try these steps:
- Close your browser.
- Make sure all other programs are closed. HTML5 can take a large amount of memory to run, so closing everything else out can help it run smoothly.
- Open your browser again and go to pogo.com. Only have Pogo open, and close out of any other browser tabs or windows.
- Try clearing your browser’s cache. You can find steps to do that by searching for your browser name + “clear cache” in a search engine like Google.
- Disable any pop-up blockers that you use. These apps can sometimes get in the way of Pogo from running properly in your browser.
- Using Internet Explorer? Try resetting your Internet Explorer browser settings. This can disable any unnecessary plugins, including pop-up blockers, that could be causing issues.
- If clearing your cache doesn’t work, try using another browser.
- We don’t recommend using Internet Explorer 11 or Safari.
If there is a Wednesday Challenge for the game that you're having trouble playing, it’s the most likely cause of the issue, especially if you’re playing on a Wednesday.
If server traffic to a game is too high, it disrupts some players’ games. If this happens, wait a few hours and try again, or try a game room that has fewer players.
If you still cannot load and play your Pogo games, try these other resources:
- If the game has loaded but you can’t see the whole game screen, check with your internet browser to see if something’s wrong with your resolution settings.
- If you’re using Windows 8, you may not be able to play some Pogo games from the Start screen. Switch to the Desktop screen.
If you’re having other problems:
Was this article helpful?
0% of 0 players found this article helpful.