Find out why the 64-bit version of The Sims 4 might run best on your computer.
From December 12, 2022, The Sims 4: Legacy Edition is no longer available on PC and Mac.
From April 18, 2023, The Sims 4 32-bit version is no longer available on PC and Mac.
The Mac version of The Sims 4 has always been 64-bit. If your Mac meets the system requirements, you don’t have to worry about any changes.
Why do I need to use the 64-bit version of The Sims 4?
If you’re running 64-bit Windows and you have 4GB of RAM or more, then you can use the 64-bit version of The Sims 4.
Can I run the 64-bit version on my computer?
Here’s how to check:
- On Windows 7, 8, or 8.1, right-click on My Computer and choose Properties. This brings up a window that shows info about your system, including your processor, RAM, and operating system.
- If you’re on Windows 10, you can search for This PC then right-click it in the search results.
- Check the System type line to see if it says your computer has a 64-bit or a 32-bit operating system.
- If it says 64-bit operating system, double-check the amount of RAM listed.
- If you have 4GB or more RAM, you can run the 64-bit version of The Sims 4.
Windows Vista and Windows XP cannot run the 64-bit version of The Sims 4.
Was this article helpful?
0% of 0 players found this article helpful.
Not what you were looking for?
Try searching again.