BattleLog startup troubleshooting.
If you're having trouble with Battlelog:
- Make sure that your antivirus program isn't conflicting or preventing it from launching.
- If you receive the error "This file does not have a program associated with it" when attempting to launch Battlefield 3, you need to make sure that the default browser listed in the Windows Control Panel is either not installed or not supported by the game. Check out these Supported Browsers.
- The BattleLog plugin itself may also be waiting for input from you, and might be easy to miss. If it's your first time firing up BattleLog, check for any browser messages telling you that it needs an update and your confirmation.
- Players can also alleviate their issues by attempting to repair their installation of Battlefield 3 by right-clicking on the game's box found under My Games in Origin, and selecting Repair Install.
If repairing their installation doesn't work, players can also attempt to do the following, in order:
- Uninstall Origin.
- Uninstall ESN Sonar.
- Uninstall Battlelog plugins.
- Download Origin and update your client to its most recent version.
- Launch Battlelog and sign in to your account.
- Download all updates through Battlelog.
- Launch your Battlefield 3 game through Battlelog, rather than through Origin.
If these efforts fail, please try again with a different browser, and contact us if you need additional help.
Was this article helpful?
0% of 0 players found this article helpful.