Origin - Mac
If you’re having problems with your games, try clearing your device’s cache to help fix a few different issues.
Sometimes things don’t work quite right with the EA app, Origin for Mac, or your games. Clearing your cache can help fix common issues. Those issues include, but aren’t limited to:
- The EA app being stuck in offline mode or not updating itself
- Games not downloading
- Game downloads or updates being stuck on a certain percentage or on “Waiting for download”
- Games that seem to be “missing” from your the EA app Collection.
- Select the three dashes in the far-left corner of the EA app.
- Scroll to Help.
- Click App recovery.
- Select Clear cache.
From Windows 10
If you can’t open the EA app, you can also follow these steps to clear your cache.
- Open the Start menu.
- Find EA and click the downward arrow to expand.
- Select App Recovery.
- A confirmation window will pop up.
- Click Clear Cache.
If you’re on a Mac, you can quickly clear your cache by using the Reset Origin tool.
PlayStation 5 and 4
PlayStations don’t have a cache, but the simple “turning it off and back on again” trick can sometimes work wonders for any and all issues.
To really make sure all temporary files are removed, you can cold boot your PlayStation:
- Hold down the Power button until you hear the powering down beeps.
- Once your PlayStation has powered down, unplug it from the electrical outlet.
- Wait two minutes.
- Reconnect to the electrical outlet.
- Power on your PlayStation.
- Find Game in the Cross-Menu Bar (XMB).
- Scroll down to Game Data Utility.
- Look for the game you’re having problems with.
- Press the Triangle button, and an options menu will show on the right side.
- Select Delete, then press X to confirm.
The next time you play the game, you’ll be asked to re-install the missing data.
Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One
- Press and hold the Power button on the front of the console until it turns off.
- Unplug the power cable..
- Press the Power button on the front of your console three or four times. This drains any remaining power from the battery.
- Plug the power cable back into the Xbox.
Once you turn your Xbox back on, the cache will be cleared and you’ll be good to go.
Learn how to clear your Xbox 360’s cache on xbox.com.
- Open the Home menu.
- Choose System Settings.
- Select System.
- Tap Formatting Options.
- Select Clear Cache.
- Choose the user you want to clear the cache for, then follow the instructions on-screen.
Was this article helpful?
0% of 0 players found this article helpful.