How much do character transfers cost?
Character transfers cost 1000 Cartel Coins per character. The price may be reduced occasionally when there is a sale on transfers in the Cartel Market. Cartel Coins are the only currency that can be used to pay for a character transfer.
How do I transfer a character?
- Log into your account on swtor.com.
- On your account page, click on Character Transfer.
- Read through the information on the page so you're aware of transfer requirements and what does and does not transfer.
- When you're ready, click on Start a Character Transfer.
- Click the server you want to move from, then click Choose character from source server.
- Click on the Character you want to transfer, then on the server you want to move to. You will see the current price for the transfer listed beside the server name.
- Click on Next.
- The system will check if you can transfer that character.
- It will also flag if you have in-game mail which will be deleted on that character.
- To proceed with the transfer and pay the fee in Cartel Coins, click Start Transfer.
- If you do not want to go ahead with the transfer, click Back or leave the page.
- If you've confirmed the transfer, the system will give you an estimated time for the transfer to complete.
Please do not try to log in on the character you are transferring until you have received an email to your registered email address confirming that the transfer is complete.
Transferring a character created with a Commander character token to another server makes that character permanent.
If you transfer a Commander character and delete them, your token will not be returned.
What happens if my character name is taken on my new server?
If your character name is already taken by another player on your new server, you will need to rename your character. Your character will be flagged for a rename when you next log in, and you'll be asked to rename them before you can play with them again.
Will my Legacy, Achievements, and Collections all transfer with my character?
Yes! All of your Legacy unlocks, Achievements earned, and triggered Collections will be waiting for you.
- If you have purchased a Stronghold on a character you’re transferring, here’s what you need to know before you start your transfer:
- Your Stronghold remains on your original server, as it belongs to your Legacy there.
- If you purchased your Stronghold with Credits, you will need to repurchase it on your new server.
- If you purchased it with another currency, you will not need to repurchase it, but you will need to reactivate and redecorate it.
- The contents of your Legacy Stronghold Storage (including any Credits you have stored there) do not transfer with your character.
- Legacy-bound currencies - including Galactic Seasons tokens - do not transfer with your character.
- Additional Legacy Stronghold Storage Bays that were purchased with Credits will not transfer along with your character, as these are tied to your Legacy on your Origin server.
- Bays that you purchased with Cartel Coins are account wide, and so will be available to you on your new server.
- We recommend that you withdraw any items you'd like to bring with you and move them into your character's personal inventory or cargo hold.
- When your character reaches the new server, the number of unlocks for each Stronghold Decoration they own will be compared with those available to your Legacy on the destination server, and the highest number will be awarded.
- If you’re moving to a server where you do not have a Legacy unlocked, you’ll get to create your Legacy when your character first logs in on that server, and you’ll bring all your Decorations with you, ready to be added to a Stronghold there.
- If at first your Decorations are not available when you log in on your new Server, try logging out and back in again on your character. Once that’s done they should show as available to place in Edit Mode.
What about my Loadouts?
Your currently active loadout and your saved loadouts all transfer with your character.
What doesn’t transfer with my character?
- Your in-game mail will not be transferred. This includes unread mail and read mail.
- Please ensure any mail is read, and any items or credits within your mailbox are added to your inventory before your transfer is confirmed. Any items not removed from your mailbox will not be available on your origin server after transfer is complete.
- Your stamped outfits in Outfit designer will be reset.
- You'll need to set these up again on your new server.
- Cartel Pack items from your Item Stash will not transfer. The Item Stash is tied to your Legacy on your current server.
- Your progress in Galactic Seasons does not transfer with your character.
- The Materials tab on your Inventory is also tied to your Legacy on your original server and its contents will not transfer with your character.
- We recommend that you withdraw any items you'd like to bring with you and move them into your character's personal cargo hold.
- Your Friends list (by default, press O to access) will not be transferred. Friends lists are server-specific. As your listed friends may choose to be transferred to the same destination server, you may wish to take note of your Friends before transfer and add them to your Friends list again after transfer.
- Your Ignore list (by default, press O to access and click the Ignore tab) will not be transferred. Ignore lists are server-specific. You may wish to take note of those on your Ignore list before transfer and add them to your Ignore list again after transfer.
- Your Galactic Trade Network listings will not be transferred. Please ensure your characters have no items listed on the Galactic Trade Network before your transfer is confirmed. Any items still listed on the Galactic Trade Network will not be listed on your origin server after transfer is complete.
What happens if I have a Legacy on both my source and destination servers?
Whichever Legacy is of a higher level will take precedence and become your new Legacy. This has no effect on unlocks, instead the unlocks from both Legacies will combine.
For example: You transfer a character from Tulak Hord to the Leviathan. The character you are transferring from Tulak Hord is in a level 27 Legacy. Currently on the Leviathan you have a level 13 Legacy. After the transfer, you will now have a level 27 Legacy on the Leviathan which combines the unlocks from both servers.
Is there a way to transfer a guild?
There is currently no method in place to transfer an entire guild at one time. Each person must transfer their characters individually and recreate their guild on the new server.