Reset your password
Here’s what you need to know about updating your email address, EA ID, password, and other information in your EA Account settings.
Can’t remember the email address you used to create your account?
See if our steps can help you find your EA email address.
Don’t have access to the email address you used to create an EA Account?
Follow these steps to get back into your account.
You can update account details like your email address, name, date of birth, and more, but there could be restrictions based on your country’s laws, or the last time that you updated specific information.
To help keep your EA Account secure, we limit how often you can update your email address and EA ID:
- you can update your email address to a new one once every 30 days
- you can update your EA ID once every 72 hours
You can change your email address back to an old one that was previously associated with your account without any restrictions.
Edit your basic information
- Go to your EA Account and Billing Settings.
- Click on the About Me tab.
- Click Edit next to:
- Basic Information to update your EA ID, First Name, Last Name, and Date of Birth.
- Please note: Accounts under the age of 18 are considered underage accounts, and you won’t be able to update the age on these accounts on your own.
- Email Address to update your email that we have on file.
- We recommend using an email address that you’ll always have access to. Private email domains, like email addresses from school or work, might expire when you graduate or leave your company. Free providers, like Yahoo or Gmail, let you recover your account and password more easily if you ever need to. In addition to helping us verify your EA Account, your email address will enhance and protect your gaming experience.
- Regional Settings to update your country of residence or language. You can also select Show to view these settings.
- To edit your phone number, click Modify next to your Phone Number.
We’ll ask you to verify your identity before you can edit some of your settings. Select Send Security Code, then enter the code we send to your email.
Add a secondary email address
A secondary email helps you reset your password if you’re locked out of your EA Account and primary email address.
- Go to your EA Account Settings.
- Find the Secondary Email section on the Security tab.
- Click Add Secondary Email.
- We’ll send a code to confirm your identity. Enter the code and click Submit.
- Enter an email address different from the one registered to your EA Account and select Continue.
- Log in to that email address and find the security code email sent from us.
- Enter your security code in the EA Account settings verification window.
Now your secondary email will get the same password reset instructions and confirmations when you reset your password as your primary email address.
Click this link to reset your EA password if you ever forget it.
Does your child have an account? Here’s how to update the passowrd on your child’s underage account.
If you want to play one of our games on a platform, you’ll need to link your platform's accounts to your EA Account. Check out the steps in the links below to link your accounts:
You can also link your EA Account to:
- If you can’t update your account because you’re unable to sign in, get in touch with us.
- Keep an eye on @EAHelp for everything from outage info to news about our games.
Was this article helpful?
0% of 0 players found this article helpful.
Not what you were looking for?
Try searching again.