Link Steam and the EA app
Still having problems?
Having trouble linking your EA Account to Steam? Use this article to troubleshoot issues with your EA games on Steam.
You can only link one Steam account to an EA Account, so make sure you choose the right EA Account to link to.
If you unlink your Steam account and link it to a different account, any entitlements, like in-game rewards, points, and items, will remain on the EA Account that your Steam account was first linked to.
Reminder: Underage EA Accounts can’t link to Steam accounts. Learn more about age requirements here.
You only need to link your accounts the first time you play an EA game on Steam.
- Sign in to Steam.
- Click Play to launch an EA game from Steam.
- Install the EA app if you haven’t already.
- The EA app will launch and ask you to link your Steam account and your EA Account.
- Log in to the EA app using your EA Account info or create a new EA Account.
- Steam will install your game and let you know when it’s ready to play.
You can unlink your Steam account from your EA Account if you want to link it to a different EA Account. The new EA Account you link to can't have been linked to a Steam account before.
Once your accounts are linked, you can't unlink your Steam account again for another six months.
Make sure you understand the risks of unlinking your accounts before you follow our steps.
- Go to the Connections tab of your EA Account settings.
- Click the Unlink button next to your Steam account.
- You’ll get a code to verify your identity. Enter the code and select Submit.
- Read the disclaimer and make sure you want to unlink, knowing all the risks above.
- Check the box next to I understand and wish to continue.
- Click Unlink.
I’m getting an error message
If you’re getting an error message when you try to unlink your accounts, your EA Account isn’t eligible to unlink right now.
Was this article helpful?
0% of 0 players found this article helpful.
Not what you were looking for?
Try searching again.