Find out how to manage your Battlefield 1 rental server.
The Rent-a-Server program for Battlefield 1 lets you manage your own multiplayer server.
When you rent a server, you have more control – over options, map rotations, and who you play with. Since all rental servers now come from the same provider, you’ll see more consistency in the quality of the servers, and your connections to them.
Our EA Advisors do not have access to rental server configuration tools, so are limited in the amount of help they can give you with rental servers.
We give you a lot of control over how you set up your server.
You can set your server to need lower numbers before pre-round ends (down from 20 to 6), or set your own round time multiplier (choose from 0.5x, 1x, 2x, 5x).
The map limit is 32, and you can change or restart levels.
You can customize:
- Player Count
- Ticket count
- Bullet damage
- Game modes
- Map Rotations
- Kill Cam
- Minimap Spotting
- Friendly Fire
- Regenerative Health
- 3D Spotting
- Nametag visibility
- Unlimited Magazines
- Lenient Latency
- Ping Cap Setting: Latency Lock
You can also vote on maps, and kick and ban players.
If you’re a Server admin
Server admins have prioritized access to the server, and admins can now add other players to a list to give them admin rights, too.
You can also:
- set a password for your server to keep your games private.
- move players between teams.
- set the Lenient Latency (LNL) to allow for the latency of players joining your server.
- lock in your Ping Cap Setting (with Latency Lock) to cap the latency of players joining your server – if a player has consistently high latency they will be kicked from the game.
- remove delays for spectators so they can watch in real time.
PC servers run at 60hz, while PlayStation 4 and Xbox One servers run at 30hz, we’ve adjusted our pricing to reflect that. There is no increase in price based on slot-size for the server.
- From the main Battlefield 1 menu, choose Store.
- Select Rent Server and follow the instructions to buy and create your server.
- Once your server’s been made, you’ll find it under Multiplayer – Server Browser – Your Server.
- Here, you can customize and update it as you like.
- From the main Battlefield 1 menu, choose Multiplayer then Server Browser.
- Choose the Your Server tab, then the server you want to edit.
- Use the Configure Server option to browse your customization options and make changes.
Official servers use DICE settings. That means you won't have as many options to customize them.
You can renew your Rental Server as soon as your current lease expires.
To renew it in-game:
- Choose Multiplayer.
- Select Server Browser, then Your Servers.
- Select the three dots (Options) next to the server you want to renew.
- Then, choose Renew.
- We'll keep your server settings for you so you won't need to redo them.
Was this article helpful?
0% of 0 players found this article helpful.